Organ Donor Enrollment Day is Thursday, October 8th, 2020
New Yorkers have experienced profound loss this year. Our communities have been ravaged by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our spirits were further broken by the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmad Aubrey and Brianna Taylor. With all that we continue to endure, LiveOnNY remains committed to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation. We are eternally grateful for your partnership and are particularly thankful for our hospital partners who’ve worked around the clock to care for New Yorkers through our darkest hours.
Organ Donor Enrollment Day is an initiative committed to bringing hope to the nearly 10,000 New Yorkers currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant. We do this by educating communities on the importance of organ donation and by encouraging willing individuals to sign up as registered organ donors.
This year’s Organ Donor Enrollment Day will be a virtual event held on Thursday, October 8th, 2020. To ensure everyone’s health and safety we are partnering with you to leverage your existing networks to spread the word and sign up new organ donors through:
- Social media platforms
Please check back with us in August of 2020 for links to our Organ Donor Enrollment Day digital toolkit and educational resources. Materials will include:
- A unique web link for your organization to enroll organ donors and track your progress
- Composed emails to distribute to your networks leading up to enrollment day
- Social media posts that can be shared on your platforms
- Digital education tools (fact sheets, brochures, frequently asked questions) to share with audiences through email, e-newsletters, and social media
- Posters and flyer designs to advertise Organ Donor Enrollment Day
- Screen saver designs, graphics for social media, and electronic billboard designs
- Press outreach support
We look forward to partnering with you this year!
Getting started is easy! Here's what you need to do:
- Step 1: Register as an individual or team
- Step 2: On October 8th collect enrollments by calling and emailing friends, posting on social media, or other creative digital ways
- Step 3: Collect as many enrollments as possible
- Step 4: Enjoy yourself and feel good knowing your work is saving lives in the future
Create a team
When forming a team, each team captain will be responsible for creating a team. The team name could be your organization’s name, in honor of someone touched by donation or any description that best fits the people on your team.
Materials will be provided to participants in advance of the event. Materials can be picked up in person or sent by mail. Participants will be provided with the following: information about the day, t-shirts, enrollment forms and materials, promotional tool kit, prepaid envelope to submit completed forms.
All completed enrollment forms should be submitted by October 18. You can submit forms by mail using the prepaid envelopes provided by LiveOnNY. Enrollments must be garnered on Wednesday, October 10th, 2019, and dated as such to count towards Organ Donor Enrollment Day. Any enrollment form with a date other than October 10th will not be counted towards a team’s total submission, but will still be added to the New York State Registry.