Organ Donor Enrollment Day is Thursday, October 8th, 2020
New Yorkers have experienced profound loss this year. Our communities have been ravaged by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our spirits were further broken by the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmad Aubrey and Breonna Taylor. With all that we continue to endure, LiveOnNY remains committed to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation. We are eternally grateful for your partnership and are particularly thankful for our hospital partners who’ve worked around the clock to care for New Yorkers through our darkest hours.
BRING HOPE, SAVE LIVES
Organ Donor Enrollment Day is an initiative committed to bringing hope to the nearly 10,000 New Yorkers currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant. We do this by educating communities on the importance of organ donation and by encouraging willing individuals to sign up as registered organ donors.
This year’s Organ Donor Enrollment Day will be a virtual event held on Thursday, October 8th, 2020. To ensure everyone’s health and safety we are partnering with you to leverage your existing networks to spread the word and sign up new organ donors through:
- Social media platforms
- Educational webinars
We look forward to partnering with you this year!
Getting started is easy! Here's what you need to do:
- Step 1: Register as an individual or team
- Step 2: On October 8th collect enrollments by calling and emailing friends, posting on social media, or other creative digital ways
- Step 3: Collect as many enrollments as possible
- Step 4: Enjoy yourself and feel good knowing your work is saving lives in the future
Create a team
Form a group of leaders within your organization, or with friends and family to get everyone excited about Organ Donor Enrollment Day. When you register your team, select a name. The team name can be your organization’s name, in honor of someone touched by donation or any description that best fits the people in your group. As team leaders you will ensure that emails are distributed, social media posts go up, reminders are sent, etc. You can even challenge another group in a friendly competition to see who can get the most enrollments!
We make it easy to advocate. Once you register your team, you will be sent a digital toolkit and supporting resources needed to successfully host a virtual Organ Donor Enrollment Day drive. LiveOnNY provides you with:
- A unique web link for your organization to enroll organ donors and track your progress
- Composed emails and text messages to distribute to your networks leading up to enrollment day
- Social media posts that can be shared on your platforms
- Digital education tools (fact sheets, brochures, frequently asked questions) to share with audiences through email, e-newsletters, and social media
- Posters and flyer designs to advertise Organ Donor Enrollment Day
- Screen saver designs, graphics for social media, and electronic billboard designs
- Press outreach support
Please use the links below to access many of the resources you need to get started.
- Download the virtual toolkit
- Download the Organ Donor Enrollment Day one-pager
- Download blog, newsletter and email content
- Download educational tools and brochures
- Download poster and flyer designs
- Download screensavers and texting copy
- Download social media graphics
- Video Links (if raw files are needed please email: ETau@LiveOnNY.org):
- Matilda: https://youtu.be/TADWFZLqflk
- Lauren: https://youtu.be/DIe6bXxIK3w
- Michael: https://youtu.be/p26y7QjYZHY
- Shelby: https://youtu.be/TLQrGSB-jto
- Organ Donation Common Myths and Misconceptions: https://youtu.be/lax4GxrUxH8
- Organ Donation and Transplantation: How Does it Work? https://youtu.be/K4bS7YZjqhY
Track Your Progress
With your unique organ donation enrollment link, LiveOnNY will be able to track how many people your team signed up to be organ, eye, and tissue donors. Be sure to also use the hashtag #DonorDay2020 to track your social media progress. If your team is able to secure completed paper enrollment forms, please mail them before October 15, 2020 to:
Att: Joseph Conception
460 W. 34th St.
New York, NY 10001
For additional information, please contact Safiya Raheem, Director of Community & Government Affairs, at email@example.com.